Office of Career and Calling
The Office of Career and Calling at Houston Baptist University is the centralized career resource for all majors including alumni. We prepare all of our students for the World of Business beginning in the very first year of college and the career coaching and developing of our students continues throughout the undergraduate years into graduate school and beyond as HBU alumni professionals are encouraged to come back home for career assistance and retooling. Here are just a few of our career resources and services available right now:
The Office of Career and Calling seeks to provide assistance for students and alumni in exploring one’s life calling through personal discovery, vocational exploration, and educational training.
Husky Drop-In Hours:
- Monday – Tuesday: 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Tuesday – Wednesday: 9:00am-11:00am
- Defining Husky Drop-In Hours
Regular Office Hours:
- Monday – Tuesday: 8:00am-6:00pm
- Wednesday – Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
Main Phone Line: 281-649-3169
- Cover Letter/Resume Templates
- Upload a Resume to My Hire-A-Husky
- Search for Internships & Jobs for Huskies
- Career Services for Huskies
- Appointments & Drop-In Hours
- Contact your Career Counselor
- Office of Career and Calling Student Brochure
- Office of Career and Calling Internship Brochure
- H.I.R.E. (Career Planning)
- Graduate School Advising & Selection
- HBU Career Roadmap for all majors
- Connecting Your Major With Industries
- DRESS CODE For HBU Career Fairs
- Access The Career Library
- Discovering Your Calling & Career Assessments
- Alumni Career Advising & Retooling
- Office of Career and Calling Employers Brochure
- HBU Community Internships Program
- American Dreams Lecture Series
- Career Fairs & Career Development Seminars
- Alumni Career Advising & Retooling
- Posting a Job for Huskies
- Become a Husky Corporate Partner
- Services for Employers
- Career and Calling Utilization & Outcomes
- Contact the Career and Calling Staff
Learn about all career services and resources for students. Drop-In Hours are posted in this section as well as upcoming networking events for Huskies who are interested in connecting with professionals in their industry of interest. You will also learn about Hire-A-Husky and how to schedule appointments, sign up for real interviews with companies, register for Career Fairs, Mock Interviews, and the Career Insiders Series! You can learn about all of this in one easy appointment by just dropping by the Office of Career and Calling!
As you begin to discover more about God's call on your life, we want to help you learn about yourself and your career options. View the Career Road Map to learn about milestones you should accomplish each year in college. If you dont know what you want to do then we highly encourage you to take one of our Career Assessments!
Many companies use Internships as a means of filling entry-level roles with students who have already been trained and are ready to engage as a valuable employee. Internships are also a means of contributing to the professional development of students. The Office of Career and Calling has designed the Community Internship Program for both of these purposes. We have put processes in place to ensure that students are prepared and confident when engaging employers...
The Office of Career and Calling offers career counseling, career development, and comprehensive programming each semester to prepare students to enter the world of work and community service. We provide a range of services to employers which include on-line job postings, internship placement, resume referrals, career fairs, on-campus interviews, information sessions and more.