Family Weekend is one of the first big campus events for students and family. We at Houston Baptist University want to bring students’ families in and let everyone at home see where their student is living, learning, and growing. In our efforts to offer the best education possible, we have developed spaces to cater to your student’s needs. During Family Weekend we open those spaces up, to help you see how HBU is working for your student. There will be tours by our Husky Ambassadors, offering you an inside look at the history of the campus, and a showcase of the traditions our school has developed over the years. Afterwards, there will be a tailgating party on campus before we all crowd into Husky Stadium for the first home game of the season! Come join us!
How To Register:
Registration for 2018 Family Weekend has not opened yet – please look back July 1st to register!
- Exclusive Family Weekend T-shirt
- Family Weekend Family Photo
- Invitation to our Family Brunch
- Participation in the Family Weekend Worship & Traditions Showcase
- Wristband for access to the Family Tailgate Celebration
- Ticket to the HBU Football Game!!!
Family Weekend Schedule
The schedule for the 2018 Family Weekend has not been finalized yet, in the meantime, please refer to the schedule for the 2017 Family Weekend for an idea of how the day goes!
- 10:45AM – Check-in and Family Photos in McNair Hall of the Morris Cultural Arts Center
- 11:30AM – Family Brunch in McNair Hall
- 1:00PM – Free Time
- 2:00PM – Worship Service in Mabee Theater
- 3:00PM – Free Time
- 4:00PM – Traditions Showcase in Mabee Theater
- 5:00PM – Tailgate at the Atwood Parking Lot
- 6:00PM – Husky Football in the Husky Stadium