- PhD in Biology, University of Mississippi
- MCS in Biology and Chemistry, University of Mississippi
- BS in Biology, West Texas State University
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- General Biology
- Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
- Advanced Human Anatomy
- General Physiology
Awards and Honors
Dr. Brownlee came to HBU in 1973 and was Department Chair from 1990 until 2008. Under his leadership the Biology department underwent extensive curriculum changes, keeping the department at the leading edge of biomedical education. Also, since 1990 the size of the department has more than doubled, two new biology laboratories have been built and a new major in Biochemistry-Molecular Biology has been added.
Dr. Brownlee’s hobbies include motorcycling, golf, hunting, piano, reading and collecting and restoring antique clocks.