About the HBU Alumni Association
What We Do.
The HBU Alumni Association serves and supports Houston Baptist University, its more than 20,000 alumni, its friends, and the community it calls home. Our goal is enabling and encouraging lifelong alumni relationships with the University. HBU is a special place, but without you – the former students who brought life to the campus – it would simply be a handful of buildings.
You, our alumni friends, are HBU.
We support student scholarships, host alumni networking events and offer unique opportunities throughout the year for all to come back and connect.
To promote and support the interests of Houston Baptist University, and to contribute toward maintaining the ideals and aims of the University. To sponsor programs intended to stimulate intellectual and social participation among alumni; encourage alumni to participate in and contribute to the progress of the University; strengthen the bond between the University and the community: and attract outstanding students and faculty. To foster, preserve, and advance superior educational programs within a Christian environment.
Membership and Privileges
Membership is automatically bestowed on each HBU graduate or any former student that has completed a full semester at Houston Baptist University. Members have the right to vote at all meetings and in all mail ballots of the Association and may have the right to serve as officers, directors, or committee members.
Honorary membership may be bestowed on any person who actively serves and support the HBU Alumni Association. Honorary membership is contingent upon a vote of a simple majority of the Board of Directors. Honorary members will have the right to attend all functions of the Association, but will not have the right to propose motions or to vote.
As a member of the Alumni Association there are many opportunities and benefits available to you:
- HBU Alumni create a network of more than 19,000 former students
- HBU Alumni Association awards an Endowed Legacy Scholarship each year to an incoming freshman who is a relative of an alumnus
- Husky Alumni Network volunteers are actively working in their respective neighborhoods to recruit the best and brightest to HBU
- As a member of the Alumni Association you will receive a 20% discount on all purchases, excluding textbooks, in the University Store
- As a member of the Alumni Association, you will be able to continue to check out books HBU’s Moody Library. Other library resources and services are limited to current HBU students because of licensing agreements
- Alumni Association members will have access to all services provided by Career and Calling
- Your Alumni Association sponsors several events each year to raise funds to support the University
The Alumni Association offers you opportunities to serve on committees in the areas of Awards, Development/Finance, Events, Nominating, Scholarships and Student Recruitment