Friends of Dunham Bible Museum
The Dunham Bible Museum Friends is organized to support the programs and collections of the Museum through annual contributions and participation in Museum events. Dunham Bible Museum Friends help spread the word about the exhibits and activities of the Dunham Bible Museum. Friends also have the satisfaction that their tax deductible gift will benefit the Dunham Bible Museum and enable it to achieve its goal of being a premier museum dedicated to the Bible, its message, history, and influence. All Friends will receive year-long benefits of a printed subscription to the Dunham Bible Museum News, invitations to exhibit openings, a membership certificate, and a discount on Museum store purchases. Additional benefits are available for those wishing to contribute at a higher level. You can become a member of the Dunham Bible Museum Friendsby completing and returning the membership form.
Opportunities for Giving to the Dunham Bible Museum
The Dunham Bible Museum aims to be an important museum and research center devoted to the Bible’s origin, history, and impact. Several of the Museum’s expanding programs are dependent on special donations for their continuance:
- The Dunham Bible Museum Lecture Series, brings major scholars to Houston to speak on the Bible’s history and influence. The Lecture Series not only broaden the HBU student’s awareness of the Bible’s influence throughout every area of life and culture, but will enhance the Dunham Bible Museum’s position in the community and among scholars across the country.
- Additional interactive exhibits as well as audio-visual and computer exhibits are planned for the new Museum, for which additional funding is needed.
- The Dunham Bible Museum News, published quarterly, keeps supporters of the Museum informed of developments in the Museum’s programs and provides information on the Bible’s influence in American life and culture. Sponsors of the newsletter will be recognized in the newsletter.
Gifts In Memory or In Honor of an Individual
Donations may be made in honor or in memory of specific individuals. These are perfect birthday, anniversary or Christmas gifts for the person who has everything. A Certificate will be mailed to the honoree notifying them of your gift.
1611 King James Bible Leaf for Donors
The Dunham Bible Museum does have a small number of early English Bible leaves for sale. These are from portions of Bibles which had fallen into pieces and disrepair, but individual leaves remain in good condition. A limited number of leaves are available from:
- 1st edition 1611 King James Bible ($225 framed; from $190 unframed.)
- pre-1650 King James Bible ($100 unframed)
- 17th century Geneva Bible ($25 unframed).
Understandably, all Scripture passages are not available. These make excellent gifts for that special person for a special occasion.
For more information about any of these opportunities, contact Dr. Diana Severance
( 281-649-3287 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
All contributions are tax deductible. Checks should be made payable to Houston Baptist University and mailed to Dr. Diana Severance, Dunham Bible Museum at 7502 Fondren Road, Houston, TX 77074-3298.