The HBU Annual Fund
The university’s highest priority for annual giving. Gifts to the HBU Annual Fund help us to make up the difference between tuition dollars and the actual academic and programmatic costs of the university. Giving to this fund helps the inner-workings of HBU, allowing for flexibility to respond to emerging needs and providing a foundation for students to thrive
Endowed Scholarship Criteria
Make a gift to endow a scholarship today.
- Donors may establish and endowed scholarship at HBU with a minimum initial gift of $10,000.
- The balance must be increased to at least $50,000 within five years.
- Once the scholarship reaches the $50,000 level, it will begin to provide financial assistance. An endowed scholarship is fully funded once the corpus reaches $500,000.
- Endowed scholarships may be funded with a tax-deductible, charitable contribution of cash or securities.
- Estates can be used to establish an endowed scholarship
- Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage their employees to make charitable contributions, and matching gifts are a great way to increase giving to endowed scholarships.
- Endowed scholarship donors will be honored with a plaque and included in the Endowed Scholarship Society when the corpus of their gift reaches $50,000.
**Donors may identify certain award preferences for an endowed scholarship fund, such as a particular school, academic discipline, or department. They also may choose to include other selection criteria, such as merit or need-based consideration.**
Make an immediate gift or pledge payment by credit card through our secure website. Give Now!
Please make checks payable to “Houston Baptist University,” write the name of the fund you wish to support in the memo line, and send to:
Houston Baptist University
Office of Advancement
7502 Fondren Road
Houston, TX 77074
To give by phone, call 281-649-3222. You may also give over the phone through our Phonathon student calling program. Our next upcoming Phonathon will take place April 18 – May 8, 2016.
If you’d like to deliver your gift personally, the HBU Office of Advancement is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays) and located in the Hinton House Alumni Center.
Recurring gifts offer you the ability to provide your favorite HBU scholarship or program with dependable support. By determining the amount and frequency using our online giving form, you are able to conveniently build a significant contribution through multiple gifts. Your recurring gift may be changed or discontinued by contacting 281-649-3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HBU Phonathon reaches out to alumni and parents of current students all across the country. Current HBU students call donors to thank them for their generosity and ask for their continued support. The students also update demographic records and keep alumni and parents informed about all of the exciting news and events happening at the university.
Planned and Estate Giving
A planned gift can create a lasting legacy. With a wide variety of estate-planning vehicles, including bequests, trusts and gift annuities, you can explore how to meet your financial and charitable goals. Learn about Biblical-based estate planning and how to take the important first step and multiply your impact through planning. Contact Tommy Bambrick for more information.