- Professor of Business
- Program Coordinator, International Business
- PhD in Computer Sciences, Kiev State University (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Dr.Sci. in Mathematics, Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of USSR (Moscow)
- MS in Physics, Kiev State University (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Quantitative Methods I (Business Statistics),
- Quantitative Methods II (Practical Management Science)
- Business Mathematics
- Mathematical Economics
- Management Information Systems
- Business Network Technologies
- Introduction to Computers
- Leveraging Technologies for New Businesses
- Modeling the Business with OOAD and UML
- Web Design, Visual Basic, OOP with C++
- N.Hritonenko & Yu.Yatsenko, Modeling and Optimization of the Lifetime of Technologies, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1996, 290 p.
- N.Hritonenko & Yu.Yatsenko, Mathematical Modeling in Economics, Ecology and the Environment, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1999, 210 p.
- N.Hritonenko & Yu.Yatsenko, Applied Mathematical Modeling of Engineering Problems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Massachusetts, 2003, 304 p.
- R.Boucekkine, N.Hritonenko, and Yu.Yatsenko (eds.), Optimal Control of Age-structured Populations in Economy, Demography, and the Environment, Routledge UK, 2010.
Book 2 has been republished by the Chinese publisher Science Press in the “Series of Mathematical Masterpieces Abroad”, volume 23, in 2006. It is being translated into Chinese in 2011.
After joining HBU in 2002, Dr. Yatsenko made plenary and sectional talks at 30 national and international conferences and workshops, including:
- Conference “Sustainable growth, technology and the environmen” (May 19-20, 2011, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
- The 2010 INFORMS Annual Meeting (Austin TX, November 7-10, 2010)
- 4th World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists (June 28-July 2, 2010, Montreal, Canada).
- Fourth Annual NBER Conference “Macroeconomics: Across Time and Space” (April 30-May 1, 2010, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA).
- 33th Annual Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference (April 10-11, 2010, University of Texas, Austin TX).
- 23rd European Conference on Operational Research (July 2009, Bonn, Germany).
- Workshop “Sustainable Development: Demographic, Energy and Inter-generational Aspects” (November 28-29, 2008, University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France)
- Workshop “Dynamics, Optimal Growth and Population Change: Theory and Applications” (September 18-19, 2008, University of Milan, Milan, Italy)
- 6th World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts WCNA-2008 (July 2-9, 2008, Orlando FL)
- Workshop on the Management of Natural Resources and Distributed Optimal Control (University of Girona, Girona, Spain, May 30-31, 2008)
- Annual Joint Mathematics Meetings of AMS and MAA (January 6-9, 2008, San Diego, CA)
- Annual Joint Mathematics Meetings of AMS and MAA (January 5-8, 2007, New Orleans, LA)
- 5th International Conference on Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (December 16-18, 2006, the University of Texas-Pan American, Edinburg, TX)
- Workshop “Macrodynamics, Technical Change, and the Environment” (November 2006, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
- International Conference on Hybrid Systems and Applications (May 22-26, 2006, University of Louisiana, Lafayette LA)
- International Conference on Management Sciences: Optimization Models & Applications (May 20-22, 2006, University of Texas at Dallas)
- 29th Annual Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference (March 25-26, 2006, University of Texas at Arlington).
- 1st Workshop on Vintage Modelling in Economics and Economic Demography (September 2005, Florence, Italy)
- 3rd International Workshop on Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (July 2005, Guelph, Canada)
- World Congress in Applied Computing (June 2005, Las Vegas, US)
- 3rd Workshop “Texas Dynamics” (April 2005, Trinity University, San Antonio TX)
- 4th World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts WCNA-2004 (June 2004, Orlando FL)
- 21st IFIP conference on System Modeling and Optimization (July 2003, Sophia Antipolis, France)
- 1st International Conference on Business Economics, Management & Marketing (June 2003, Greece)
- 4th International Conference on Dynamic Systems and Applications (May 2003, Atlanta GA)
Dr. Yatsenko’s research interests are: applied mathematical modeling and optimization in economics, industry, and the environment, mathematical economics, optimization and operations research, dynamic systems, and computational mathematics.
Dr. Yatsenko has more than 200 publications in the leading international journals such as Nonlinear Analysis, J. Economic Theory, J. Mathematical Economics, J. Economic Dynamics and Control, J. Production Economics, J. Optimization Theory and Applications, International Transactions in Operational Research, Operations Research Letters, Optimization, Engineering Economist, Math Methods of Operations Research, J. Supercomputing, IMA J. Management Mathematics, J. Industrial and Management Optimization, J. Systems Sciences, Mathematical Biosciences, J. Biological Systems, J. Bioeconomics, Mathematical Population Studies, Applied Mathematics Letters, Applied Mathematical Modeling, Discrete Dynamics in the Nature and Society, Forest Science, J. Comput Applied Mathematics, OCAM, Cybernetics, J. Soviet Mathematics, etc.
Dr. Yatsenko is actively engaged into international scientific collaboration. He lectured in USA, Canada, Belgium, France, Spain, Greece, Poland, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Azerbaijan. His recent and current collaborative projects include:
- France 2010-now: Groupement de Recherche en Economie Quantitative d’Aix Marseille (GREQAM), Marseille, France. Goal: modeling of sustainable dynamics of economic-environmental systems
- Belgium 2004-now: Center for Operation Research and Economics and Department of Economics, Universite Catholique de Louvain – UCL (Belgium), sabbatical stay in September-December 2008, visits in July 2010, July 2009, November 2006 and July 2004, supported by the UCL Center for Operation Research and Economics
- Spain 2005-now: Department of Economics, Universitat de Girona (Girona, Spain), visits in July 2006 and June 2008, supported by the Catalan Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca.
- Italy 2008-2009: Department of Economics. University of Milan, visit in September 2008
- Belgium 2006-2008: Dr. Yatsenko was the coordinator of NATO collaborative grant 982209 ”Optimal Replacement of Information Technologies and Sustainable Development (in Kazakhstan, Ukraine, and USA)”
- Ukraine 2003-now: Cybernetics Department, Kiev State University, visits in June 2006 and July 2007, supported by NATO grant 982209
- Kazakhstan 2004-now: Department of Information Systems, Eurasian National University – ENU (Astana, Kazakhstan), visits in May 2005 and May 2008, invited by the ENU president.
- Italy 2004-2006: European University Institute – EUI (Florence, Italy), a visit in September 2005, supported by EUI
- Greece 2005-2007: Department of Economics, Athens University of Economics and Business – AUEB, a visit in May 2007, supported by AUEB
- Australia 2004-2006: Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, University of South Australia.
- Jamaica 2004-2006: Department of Mathematics, University of West India (Jamaica).
Dr. Yatsenko’s Colloquium Talks at Universities:
University of Newfoundland (2009, 1993, St. John’s, Canada), University of Girona (2008, 2006, Spain), Texas A&M University-Kingsville (2007, Kingsville, Texas), Athens University of Economics and Business (2007, Athens Greece), Texas A&M University (2006, College Station, Texas), Eurasian National University (2005, Astana, Kazakhstan), Trinity University (2005, San Antonio, Texas), University of Texas at Dallas (2004), Université Catholique de Louvain (2004, Louvain, Belgium), Penn State University (2002), Albany State University (2001), University of Alberta (1996, Edmonton, Canada), Athens University (1994, Athens, Greece), Byelorussian State University (1994, Minsk, Belarus), Warsaw University (1993, Warsaw, Poland), Technical University at Zielona Gora (1993, Poland), Azerbaijan State University (1992, Baku, Azerbaijan), Kazakhstan State University (1991, Almaty, Kazakhstan), Moscow State University (1987, 1988, Moscow, Russia), Tajikistan State University (1986, Dushanbe, Tajikistan), Turkmenistan State University (1984, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan), Kiev State University (1981-1995, 2006, 2007, Kiev, Ukraine).
Dr. Yatsenko’s Editorial Activities:
Member of Editorial Board, Mathematical Population Studies (Taylor & Francis, UK)
Member of Editorial Board, Applications and Applied Mathematics (USA)
Associate Editor, International Journal of Statistics and Economics (CESER Publications, India)
Associate Editor, International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics (Centre for Environment, Social & Economic Research, India)
Member of Editorial Board, Computational and Applied Mathematics (Kiev National University, Ukraine)
Since 2003, Dr. Yatsenko has served as a member of the HBU Research & Development Council, HBU Professional Development Committee, HBU Portal Committee, and the University Medical Professions Advisory Committee. He is the chair of the Assessment Committee and Professional Development Committee of HBU Dunham College of Business.
During 1996-2001, Dr. Yatsenko worked as a senior IS consultant in the US and Canadian high-tech industry. He also taught Computer Science at the University of Alberta (Canada). He has been a reviewer of “Mathematical Reviews” (USA) since 1992.
In 1990-1996, Dr. Yatsenko was a head of department at the Cybernetics Institute of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences (Kiev). He also worked as a professor at Kiev University and at the Academy of Technology in Bydgoszcz (Poland). Dr. Yatsenko was honored by the Education Ministry of the Ukraine with the Certificate of a Professor in 1995.
Dr. Yatsenko supervised 10 doctoral students in 1988-96, six of them obtained their PhD degrees (in Mathematics, Economics and Computer Sciences) under his supervision. In 2005-2009, he has supervised four doctoral students for Eurasian National University (Astana, Kazakhstan), all of them obtained their PhD degrees (in Information Systems and Economics).
Dr. Yatsenko enjoys reading and writing, music, traveling and spending time with his family.