- Associate Professor of Psychology
- Program Coordinator, Christian Counseling
- EdD, Educational Psychology, Texas Tech University
- MRE, Counseling, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Methods and Techniques in Counseling for Christian Counseling
- Christian Integration I
- Christian Integration II
- Dating and Intimate Relationships
- Psychology of Religion
- Human Sexuality
- Dying and Bereavement
Dr. Kennedy is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas and is an approved supervisor. He is a former president of Christian Counselors of Texas and currently serves as a board member. He also serves as the Chair of the Ethics Committee for CCT.
Prior to coming to HBU, Dr. Kennedy and his family lived and served in Japan for 14 years as SBC missionaries. He taught at a seminary extension, worked as a chaplain and did part-time counseling during his service.
Dr. Kennedy has retired from face-to-face counseling due to hearing problems, but continues to minister to the depressed and suicidal through international emails as a part of the ministry of Global Ministry Online.