- Chair, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Program Coordinator, Elementary Education
- Associate Professor of Education
- EdD, Science Education, Specialization in the Education of Teachers of Science, Teachers College at Columbia University
- MEd, Curriculum and Instruction, University of Houston
- BA, Biological Anthropology, Rice University
- Science for Pre-Adolescents
- Children, Adolescents, and Learning
Awards and Honors
Dr. Frazier received the statewide Science Educator (non K-12) Virginia Association of Science Teachers (VAST) award in 2009 and in 2010 was inducted into Phi Beta Delta, which recognizes scholarly achievement among students, faculty, and staff who are involved in international activities. In collaboration with former colleagues in both teacher education and the sciences, their teacher professional development programs were recognized with Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition “Programs That Work” awards in 2008 and 2009.
With primary expertise in early childhood, elementary, and secondary science methods, Dr. Frazier also has taught courses in human development, curriculum, math methods, and research/assessment for current and future educators of early childhood through grade twelve (EC-12).