- Professor of Chemistry
- Chair, Department of Chemistry
- Program Coordinator, Chemistry-BS and Physical Science (7-12) (Teacher Certification)
- PhD in Chemistry, Rice University
- Graduate Coursework in Chemistry, Iowa State University
- BS in Mathematics, Mankato State College
- BS in Chemistry, Mankato State College
- General Chemistry I and II
- Organic Chemistry I and II
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Organic Analysis
- Ethics for Scientists in Principles of Research
- Senior Seminars in Organic Chemistry
- Introductory Chemistry Laboratory
- Physical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Woods has mentored undergraduate research students supported by the Chemistry Department’s Robert A. Welch Foundation Departmental Grant. Students have completed a variety of projects that have explored the kinetics of organic reactions.
Dr. Woods spent a sabbatical year teaching chemistry at the University of Minnesota and was honored as the Best Professor in Chemistry in the Institute of Technology in May 1992. She also taught the first lecture course in organic chemistry at Rice University in 1998.
Dr. Woods served as the President of the Faculty Assembly in 1997-98 and has served on numerous University Committees. She was honored by the University in 1996 with the Opal Goolsby Outstanding Teaching Award. She was honored as the Houston Baptist University Outstanding Academic Adviser in 1994-1995 and again in 2001-02. She received a National Academic Advising Association Outstanding Adviser Certificate of Merit in 1995. She is listed in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.