- MSN – UT El Paso – Medical/Surgical Nursing with an emphasis in Teaching
- BSN – Mankato State University – Mankato, MN
- NURS 3222, Perspectives in Health Care (Course Coordinator)
- NURS 3323, Health Assessment (Course Coordinator)
- NURS 3008, Art & Science of Nursing (Clinical Instructor)
- NURS 4312, Care of Vulnerable Populations (Course Coordinator)
- NURS 3024, Individuals II (Clinical Instructor)
- NURS 3034, Individuals III (Clinical Instructor)
- NURS 4034, Care of Childbearing Families (Clinical Instructor)
Awards and Honors
Opal Goolby Nominee (2012)
Nursing Student Association, Teacher of the Year (2011, 2012)
While at HBU, Ms. Schneider has served on several committees. She is a past member of the Admission, Progression and Graduation Nursing departmental committee. She is the Faculty Assembly nursing representative and she is currently serving on the Faculty Assembly Executive Board. She is the coordinator for the Scottish Nursing Student Exchange Program. Ms. Schneider is also on the QEP committee to improve student writing.
She is a member of the following professional organizations:
· ANA – American Nurses Association
· TNA – Texas Nurses Association
· NLN – National League of Nursing
· Sigma Theta Tau
Ms. Schneider is an active member of Living Word Lutheran Church in Katy,TX. She is married and has two daughters.
Ms. Schneider moved to Houston from Lafayette, Louisiana and previous taught at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.