Associate Professor of Education
- EdD, Educational Leadership, University of Houston
- MEd, Supervision-Management, Stephen F Austin State University
- BS, Biology, Texas State University
- The Principal as Leader
- Basic Concepts for School Administration
- The School and Community Relations
- Special Populations
- Research for School Leaders
- Program Evaluation
- Interpersonal Relations and Communication for School Leaders
- Supervision (Instructional Leadership Development)
- Systems Thinking and Change
Dr. Busch’s teaching focus includes school leadership with an emphasis on school culture and climate. His research interests address school climate and student achievement, leadership behaviors and school climate, and improving leadership effectiveness for school principals.
Dr. Busch has taught in the Educational Leadership Departments at both Sam Houston State University and the University of Houston. He teaches research analysis and design, program evaluation, and leadership and administration courses at both the masters and doctoral levels and has served as the chairperson for numerous doctoral dissertation committees. Dr. Busch has also served as a middle school principal and high school associate principal, as well as a consultant advising schools in developing and assessing school culture, leadership development, team building, curriculum design, and program evaluation.