- Chair, Department of Psychology
- Director, Graduate Studies in Psychology
- Sharon Burros Professor in School Counseling
- Program Coordinator, Psychology
- Professor of Psychology
- PhD and MS, Clinical Psychology, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- MA, Afro-American Studies, University of California- Los Angeles
- BA, Psychology, Fisk University
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- Psychological Perspectives on Marriage, the Family and Children
- Methods and Techniques of Christian Counseling
- Clinical Psychopathology
- Christian Integration II
- Counseling Practicum
- Personality Assessment
A licensed psychologist in private practice, Dr. Nero facilitates workshops; presents at national, regional, and local conferences; and consults with churches and community organizations on a variety of mental health related topics.
Dr. Nero has served as the faculty adviser for the campus chapters of Psi Chi National Honor Society and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Presently, Dr. Nero chairs the Human Subjects Review Committee, is a member of the Academic and the Athletic Affairs Committees, serves on the Research and Development Council and is a member of the College Standards Committee.
In 2005, Dr. Nero was recognized by the General Alumni Association of Fisk University for Outstanding Service to the Community. In 2002, she was part of a 36 member delegation from the United States that met with ministers, government officials, and business people in South Africa. Furthermore, her five-year tenure on the Southwest Region Board of Directors for the Christian Association for Psychological Studies included a term as president. Finally, she is listed in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.