- Program Coordinator, Speech Communication Major (7-12) and Speech Communications (Minor)
- Associate Professor of Speech Communication
- PhD in Sociology, University College Cork-National University of Ireland
- MA in Rhetorical Studies, University of Iowa
- BA in Communication Studies & Political Science, Washburn University
- Argumentation and Advocacy
- Great American Speeches
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Legal Communication
- Political Communication
- Rhetoric and Public Speaking
Awards and Honors
Her scholarly interests include: communication theory, cyber-communication, and environmental discourse. Publications and professional presentations have included work on environmental discourse, the Internet, public spheres, and smart mobs.
She has been published in China, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. She has given presentations of her work in India, Israel, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, South Korea, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Her professional memberships include the Asian Media Information and Communication Centre, the International Communication Association, and the National Communication Association.
Before coming to HBU, Dr. Mater taught at the University of Iowa in the United States, Indiana University-ITM/MUCIA in Malaysia and Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
While at HBU, Dr. Mater has served on the Institutional Research Committee, the Professional Growth Committee, the QEP committee, and the Social Committee.