- PhD, Educational Leadership, Prairie View A&M University
- MEd, Educational Administration, Prairie View A&M University
- BA, Elementary Education, Sam Houston State University
- School Personnel Leadership
- Principal Internship
- Teaching Content Area Reading
Dr. Butcher’s primary teaching focus is Educational Leadership.
Social Justice Issues, College Readiness, Teacher Retention, Autism, Online Learning
Dr. Butcher has published one book, two book chapters, and 13 articles.
Dr. Butcher has 31 years of experience as an educator. She worked 25 years in public schools as a teacher and administrator. Dr. Butcher has worked in higher education for six years. She previously worked as an Associate Professor at Lamar University in the Center for Doctoral Studies in Educational Leadership. Prior to that, she worked as an Assistant Professor at The University of Texas Pan American in the Department of Educational Leadership. Dr. Butcher has served as chair or committee member on over 100 dissertation committees.