- Dean, School of Fine Arts
- Program Coordinator, Music
- Associate Professor of Music
- DM – Vocal Performance, Florida State University
- MM – Vocal Performance, University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
- BME – Voice, Baylor University
- Applied Voice Lessons
- Vocal Literature
- Vocal Pedagogy
Awards and Honors
Dr. Lester is an active performer, at ease in operatic, concert, and song literature repertoire. He has performed over thirty operatic roles in musical styles ranging from Baroque to 21st century. Some of the operatic roles performed include Colline in La Bohème, Don Basilio in Il barbiere di Siviglia, Méphistophélès in Faust, and Raimondo Bidebent in Lucia di Lammermoor. As a concert soloist, Dr. Lester has participated in many of the repertory’s standard works, including Mozart and Brahms’ Requiem, Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, and Handel’s Messiah, amongst others.
In addition to his musical interests, Dr. Lester is an avid cyclist, logging thousands of miles a year while raising money for various organizations and charities. He is married to Laurie Domingue Lester and they have two wonderful children, Natalie and Luke.