- PhD in Mathematics, University of Texas at Arlington
- MS in Mathematics, University of Texas at Tyler
- BS in Mathematics, University of Texas at Tyler
- Freshman Year Seminar
- Intermediate Algebra
- Math for Critical Thinking
- College Algebra
- College Algebra Online
- Calculus I
- Foundations of Higher Math
- Calculus II
- Linear Algebra
- Calculus III
- Mathematical Computing
- Mathematical Topics:Teachers
Dr. Painter’s teaching focus is centered on problem solving and conceptual understanding in mathematical areas, using discussion and discovery. His area of specialization is commutative algebra with a focus in homological methods.
Dr. Painter has published papers in the area of commutative algebra, with a specific focus on monomial algebras. His primary research interests include commutative algebra, combinatorics, and graph theory. He is currently a member of the American Mathematical Society.
Service on University or College Committees, offices held
- Served as the Faculty in Residence from 2012 to present.
- A member of the Early Alert Committee and HBU Navigate administrator from 2014 to present.
- Served as the social medial leader for the department of mathematics and physics and as a web content editor for the College of Science and Mathematics.
Personal interests or hobbies
Dr. Painter enjoys participating in several sports; soccer, football, running, hiking, etc.
He enjoys woodworking and motorcycle riding as well.