- Director, Center for Strategic Evangelism
- Assistant Professor of Christian Thought
- BA, Mathematics & Psychology, Indiana University
Garry Poole’s primary teaching and writing areas of focus are spiritual discussion groups, personal evangelism, and evangelistic strategic planning and leadership in the local church. Some of his books and curricula include:
- Seeker Small Groups
- The Tough Questions series (8 discussion guides)
- The Complete Book of Questions
- The Three Habits of Highly Contagious Christians
- Experiencing the Passion of Jesus (with Lee Strobel) winner of the Charles “Kip” Jordon Christian Book of the Year award
- Garry has written several other discussion guides including three study guides with Lee Strobel (The Case for Christ, The Case for a Creator, The Case for Faith) and one with Charles Colson (The Faith).
Garry was the founding Lead Pastor for five years at a church in Carmel, Indiana. His past experience also includes four years as College Pastor at a church in Bloomington, Indiana, the role of Evangelism Specialist for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, and marketplace experience as a systems analyst with Andersen Consulting. Garry currently consults and facilitates evangelism strategic planning and spiritual discovery group leader training at churches and ministries around the world.
Garry enjoys running and biking, and is a sports enthusiast. He also enjoys traveling with friends and family.