- Adelante Project Director
- Program Coordinator, Bilingual Education
- Assistant Professor of Education
- PhD, Educational Psychology, Emphasis in Bilingual Education, Texas A&M University
- MEd, Educational Psychology, Emphasis in Bilingual Education, Texas A&M University
- BA, English, Texas A&M University
- Methods of Teaching English as a Second Language
- Integrating ESL with the Content Areas
- Research Techniques and Procedures
In Dr. Trevino’s courses on second language teaching and sheltered (ESL) content instruction, educators learn how to meet the cognitive, linguistic, and affective needs of English language learners and how to infuse language instruction throughout the curriculum. Dr. Trevino also teaches a course in educational research, which helps teachers and administrators understand and apply educational research in their instructional settings.
Current Research Interests
Dr. Trevino’s research interests include second language acquisition, literacy development, preparing teachers to instruct English language learners, and online teaching and learning. She has presented research and professional development at state, national, and international conferences. She is a member of the Texas and National Associations for Bilingual Education, American Educational Research Association, and the International Reading Association.