- Associate Professor of History
- Director, Graduate Programs in Humanities
- PhD in History, Louisiana State University
- MA in History, Louisiana State University
- MDiv in Biblical and Theological Studies, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- BA in History, Louisiana Tech University
- Western Civilization I
- Western Civilization II
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Rome
- Late Antiquity
- The Medieval World
Dr. Garbarino teaches western-civilization surveys and upper-level classes on ancient and medieval history.
He was the recipient of the 2015 Opal Goolsby Outstanding Teaching Award.
Dr. Garbarino’s “Augustine, Donatists, and Martyrdom” appears in An Age of Saints? Power, Conflict and Dissent in Early Medieval Christianity, edited by P. Booth, M. J. Dal Santo and P. Sarris (Leiden: Brill, 2011).
He has written for a number of popular publications, including Touchstone, First Things, and The Federalist. More information about his work can be found at his website.