- Chair, Department of Special Populations
- Director, Graduate Programs in Education
- Program Coordinator, Special Education
- Assistant Professor of Education
- EdD, Educational Leadership, Sam Houston State University
- MEd, Educational Administration, Prairie View A&M University
- MEd, Generic Special Education, Texas Southern University
- BS, Elementary Education, Specialization in Curriculum and Instruction, Texas Southern University
- Curriculum and Instruction in the Elementary School
- Diagnostic and Prescriptive Teaching for Exceptional Children
- Survey of the Exceptional Child
- Teaching Strategies in Special Education
Dr. Fontenot’s teaching focus stems around broadening the knowledge base of educators possessing zeal in servicing students with unique needs under the special education umbrella.
Current Research Interests
Dr. Fontenot’s research interest is in the area of Autism and inclusion. Current research endeavors includes integrating technology into instruction, with primacy interest on the utilization of the iPad.