- Administrative SACSCOC Officer
- Program Coordinator, Life Science Major (7-12)
- Professor of Biology
- PhD in Biochemistry, University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences – Houston
- MS in Chemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology
- BS in Biology and Chemistry, Houston Baptist University
- General Biology I and II
- Introductory Biology
- Drug Action
- Bio-analytical Methods
Dr. Whaley’s teaching focus includes teaching freshman students the skills of observation and pattern recognition required for careful laboratory work. She also enjoys introducing upperclassmen to the fields of pharmacology and bioinformatics.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Whaley was named HBU Faculty Woman of the Year in 2000, received the Opal Goolsby Excellence in Teaching Award in 2001, the Christa McAuliffe in Search of Excellence Award from the Houston West Chamber of Commerce in 2003, and was named the HBU Minnie Stevens Piper Professor Nominee in 2003 and 2004.
Dr. Whaley has served as President of the Faculty Assembly. She is actively involved in the process of assessment, coordinating annual assessment of student learning outcomes in the biology department. In addition, she works closely with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in the role of University Administrative Assessment Officer, overseeing annual assessment of the HBU administrative units.