- PhD, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- MSN, Michigan State University, May, 2009
- BSN, University of Alabama, August, 2006
- ASN, Houston Community College, May, 1988
- Art and Science of Nursing-Fundamentals level (coordinator)
- Individuals I-Junior level, first semester medical-surgical nursing (clinical instructor)
- Individuals II-Junior level, second semester medical-surgical nursing (coordinator)
- Individuals III-Senior level medical-surgical nursing, ICU focus (coordinator)
Conference presentations include:
- Moore, B. S. (2009). Influenza vaccine and the health care worker: Why do they decline? Poster presented at the meeting of The Center for American Nurses’ Lead Summit 2009, Orlando, Florida.
- Dawkins, V. Cowan, M., Moore, B. Musgrove, B (2009). High fidelity simulation: A new strategy for orientation and competency validation. ANCC National Magnet Conference, Louisville, Kentucky.
Committee Assignments include:
- Chair of the Curriculum Committee which is actively re-organizing and clarifying the curriculum to match the changes in the university wide liberal arts core curriculum.
- Member, Advancement, Progression and Graduation Committee which reviews student application for entrance into the program, evaluates student petitions for advancement and approves students for graduation.
- Houston Baptist University Faculty Retreat Committee Member
- Sigma Theta Tau International member
- American Nurses Association member
- Texas Nurses Association (both member and committee chair)
Previous professional positions include:
- Nurse Manager, The Methodist Hospital, 2006-2008
- Registered Nurse, Occupational Health Clinic 2002-2006
- Occupational Health Nurse, Registered Nurse, Registered Vascular Technologist, 1988-2002
Moore enjoys back packing and traveling in general. She completed a trek to Everest Base Camp in Nepal in October of 2009—an amazing trip. Moore plans to trek across Costa Rica over Christmas of 2010.
Moore is currently enrolled in a PhD program due to complete in 2015. She is a principle investigator at The Methodist Hospital. She has conducted and published research on reasons for declination of influenza vaccine among healthcare workers. She has also developed a survey tool and completed a pilot on charge nurse self-efficacy. Moore has studied the role of high-fidelity simulation in nursing orientation and competency. She has a strong research interest in culture and diversity.