Gottman Training Conference
What is the University Outreach Program?
The University Outreach Program is an exciting new expansion of the Level 1 Home Study training program, designed to make Gottman Couples Therapy: Level 1 accessible and affordable to university students.
The video training is commonly held as a proctored two-day weekend workshop at a university location, or often is integrated into an existing class curriculum. As part of participating in the program, we grant valuable access to the training films at no cost, provide the training manuals to students at a discounted special University Outreach Program price, and facilitate a free Q&A session with one of our Certified Gottman Therapist master trainers.
The Level 1 training will give students new insight into couples’ struggles using research-based assessments and effective interventions based on the Gottman Sound Relationship House Theory.
The program combines lecture footage from a live Level 1 Training presented by Dr. John and Julie Gottman, actual video footage from Dr. John Gottman’s research with couples, and film clips from the Gottmans’ clinical practice. It incorporates small group discussions and a Q&A session with a Certified Gottman Therapist to enhance learning opportunities. Your students will learn:
- Proven strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
Who Should Attend?
Students and professors will receive great benefit from this course. Offering a Gottman Level 1 Training will increase the intellectual value of your curriculum and diversify the coursework offered to your students. Upon completion of the full course, students will receive their Gottman Level 1 Certificate of Completion. The Level 1 Training is nationally accredited and will be invaluable to any clinical professional entering the field.
NOTE: While we do not limit the registration to currently enrolled students, we have created this special program to reach students, faculty, alumni and others closely involved with the university.
What Do I Get for Participating?
With your participation in the University Outreach Program, you receive the following:
- Exclusive Online Access to the Gottman Level 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm training films ($200 value) at no cost to the university.
- The 300-page Level 1 Training Manual for each participant at a discounted University Outreach Program rate ($150 retail value). Each participant is required to have their own manual so they can refer to and use the Assessment Questionnaires and Clinical Interventions following the training.