Transfer GO FAQ
What is Transfer GO?
Transfer GO is all about building community and getting to know what HBU is all about. Through the Full Day Experience session, students will get acclimated to campus, learn how to use some important systems, and establish relationships with new and returning Huskies! Lunch will include a panel discussion of students and staff, and in the afternoon, students will meet with an advisor, register for classes, and talk with Financial Aid.
Students may choose to attend the Full Day Experience or the PM Only Session
What is the schedule for Transfer GO Sessions?
The schedule for Transfer GO can be found here. Check-in for the Full Day Experience begins at 9am and check-in for the PM Only Session begins at noon.
|9:00 AM||Check-in for the Full Day Experience||Brown Admin Complex|
|9:30 AM||Opening Session||Collegium|
|10:00-10:15 AM||Group Games||Collegium|
|10:15-10:30 AM||Speed Networking||Collegium|
|11:30 PM||HBU Systems Training||Dillion 1 (#2)|
|12:00 PM||Group Games|
|Check-in for PM Session only||Brown Admin Complex|
|1:30 PM||School/College Academic Overviews||See next page for locations|
|2:00 PM- Done||Advising & Registration||Advising in Various Locations, Registration in Atwood II-203 (#9)|
|2:30 PM – Done||Meet with Financial Aid and Cashier’s Office||Atwood II, first floor|
|Get your Student ID card||Moody Library, 2nd floor|
|Check Out and Parking Passes||Hinton Lobby (#2)|
What if I just want to be advised and register?
We understand that not everybody has time for the full day’s activities. If you wish to simply be advised and register for classes, please sign up for the PM session with check-in at 12 pm.
What do I need to bring to Transfer GO?
- Any final or updated transcripts that HBU does not already have
- Bring your completed HBU Meningitis Form and Proof of Vaccination (if not already turned in and if not 22 years of age or older). We must have these items per Texas law!
- Spending money for the HBU Book Store- 20% off during Transfer GO!
What will be provided for me at GO?
- The chance to meet with an academic advisor in your field to discuss fall class options
- The opportunity to register in a computer lab with HBU Admissions staff present to resolve any issues that may arise.
- The opportunity to pick up for your parking pass and have your HBU student ID made.
- The opportunity to meet with Financial Aid counselors and get help with payment plans.
- Great opportunities to meet the campus community, meet fellow new Huskies, and gain valuable information concerning your transition to HBU!
Do I need to meet with an advisor before I attend Transfer GO?
- No. All new students will meet with an advisor in their field to be advised on fall classes.
- You will then register for fall classes in a computer lab with Admissions staff present to resolve any problems.
Do I have to pay my tuition and fees at GO?
- You will not be required to make full payment during GO.
- You will, however, be asked to make payment arrangements at GO, which often requires paying $50 to set up a payment plan.
- Our Financial Aid and Cashier’s Office staff will be available and happy to help you with your financial aid and payment plan questions.