Fill out the following form and submit it, either through email or mail, to our office. The financial affidavit demonstrates that the applicant can be supported throughout their academic career.
1. Download and complete the appropriate financial affidavit.
2. Provide a sponsor that will financially supports your studies.
3. Provide official bank documents that verifies the amount stated on the Affidavit.
4. Submit the bank documents and financial affidavit to the International Office to goglobal@HBU.edu.
The international office in compliance with immigration law requires a completed financial affidavit with a witness certifying the signature of the person providing the support. The amount of support that should be written on the financial affidavit for a single person should correspond to the total breakdown of estimated yearly academic expenses per program.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If the dependent(s) will travel to the U.S. with student, add an additional $5,000 per person for one year, to the total amount and write that figure in the blank.
Select the appropriate financial affidavit depending on your academic program:
- Master of Arts in Apologetics Financial Affidavit
- Master of Arts in Biblical Languages Financial Affidavit
- Master of Arts in Counseling Financial Affidavit
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling Financial Affidavit
- Master of Arts in Philosophy Financial Affidavit
- Master of Arts in Psychology Financial Affidavit
- Master of Arts in Psychology w/ LSSP Certification Financial Affidavit
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies Financial Affidavit
- Master of Business Administration Financial Affidavit
- Master of Divinity Financial Affidavit
- Master of Education Financial Affidavit
- Master of Fine Arts Financial Affidavit
- Master of Fine Arts in Counseling Financial Affidavit
- Master of International Business Financial Affidavit
- Master of Liberal Arts Financial Affidavit
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management Financial Affidavit
Supporting Bank Documents
*Please note original financial documents are required and must be mailed.
All students who would like to enter the U.S. or currently residing in the U.S. on an F-1 Student Visa must submit documentation that they have adequate financial support to cover tuition, books, fees, room and board while they are a student in the U.S.
Provide the following to show financial support:
- A certified copy of the bank account of the person providing the support or a letter from a bank (in English showing the amount in U.S. dollars) confirming the required funds are available to the student in the U.S. Students under twenty-one (21) years of age must have their financial affidavit signed by a sponsor over the age of twenty-one (21).
- -or- If the sponsor does not have sufficient funds in the bank, the sponsor should get a letter from his/her employer on company letterhead. The letter should state whether the job is temporary or permanent, salary, date employment began and what the person’s job is.
Scholarships awarded to applicants may be used to cover costs. HBU scholarships will be applied automatically. Any outside scholarships through private institutions, churches, or embassies may be used. We ask that applicant provide appropriate documentation along with their financial documents affirming their scholarships.
Our merit scholarships are also available to international students. However, the requirements remain the same for all applicants.
HBU Freshman Scholarships
If you seek an HBU freshman scholarships, you MUST submit official SAT or ACT test scores. These will be compared with your transcript evaluation to assess the appropriate amount.
For information and award amounts: Freshman Scholarships
HBU Transfer Scholarships
Transcript evaluations will be used to asses transfer scholarship amounts. A minimum of 15 college hours is required to be eligible for these scholarships. Cumulative GPA will be used to determine the appropriate amount.
For information and award amounts: Transfer Scholarships
HBU Graduate Scholarships
Available graduate scholarships depends on the graduate program. Many programs require a GRE or GMAT score for specific scholarships. Please visit the scholarship site for specific requirements.
For information and available scholarships: Graduate Scholarships
Please contact the Office of International Services if you have any questions.
Fill out the following form and submit it through mail or email to our office. The applicant fills out the top portion of the Transfer-in form. The Designated School Official (DSO) completes and submits this form to the HBU international office. Your DSO may often be located through the international office of your current school. All Current F-1 students, freshmen and transfers, require this form.
Please ask your DSO to send it through email or fax.