Texas B-On-Time Loan
The Texas B-On-Time Loan (TBOT) is only available to students who have received the loan prior to the 2015-2016 academic year. Texas provides a no interest loan of up to $8,480 to students to enable them to attend colleges and universities in the state. The loan will be forgiven if the student earns an undergraduate degree with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in four years. These loans have limited funding and are state-controlled.
College Access Loan
The College Access Loan Program (CAL) provides an alternative educational loan to Texas residents who need assistance in meeting the cost of attendance. The amount of federal aid for which the student is eligible to receive even if it is not accepted will reduce the cost of attendance to determine the CAL loan amount. This is loan requires a separate application and credit check process through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Be a Texas resident; and
- Be accepted for enrollment and enrolled at least half-time in
- a course of study leading to a certificate, an associate, baccalaureate, graduate, or higher degree; or
- an approved alternative educator certification program;
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements set by Houston Baptist University;
- Receive a favorable credit evaluation or provide a cosigner who has a good credit standing and meets other requirements.