Faculty Services from Moody Library
Remember, you can always call the Library Circulation Desk at 281-649-3304. Also, Reference Desk is open between 7:30 AM and 9:00 PM. You can call the desk at 281-649-3180 or email reference desk.
What support does the library provide for courses?
The Library presents a wealth of information to create meaning assignments as well as to help you and your students learn how to be better researchers. We can do both short and long presentations depending on your needs. Here are some ways we can help:
- Curriculum Builder – an outstanding way to easily add and make the library vast digital resources to your Blackboard course content. This includes articles and E-books. Check out our self-guided tutorial to see how easy it is!
- Learn which databases and other resources that can help most for a specific assignment.
- Learn how to phrase searches for the most relevant results.
- Learn about e-book resources.
- Learn how to better use the library catalog.
- Learn how to utilize database resources by emailing articles, saving articles, creating links to journal articles for inclusion in term papers.
- Learn about resources for tests and measures.
What information resources are online?
The library offers an organized host of online services that are just a click away. What do we offer?
- Search catalogs (Visit our self-guided catalog tutorial)
- Search for specific journal titles to over approximately 40,000 journal titles.
- Subject-based resources including databases and web sites.
- Full-text database searching of newspapers, and historical newspapers.
- Cross-checking journal databases. If one database does not have the article of interest, click the Full Text Finder button on your search results and check to see if full-text is available via another source.
- Over 200,000 e-books currently published books.
- E-Reference books. These will be displayed in the database section of the respective subject page.
- Dissertation Abstracts and WorldCat (Search books world-wide and request them).
- Access to your account to see what materials you currently have checked out and renew them online. Visit your account information page. You will need your HBU “H” number and a library PIN. Contact the Circulation Desk for more information at 281-649-3304. (Visit our self-guided tutorial about online renewals.)
What library services are available online?
- Curriculum Builder – easily create digital reading lists for your Blackboard courses with links to E-books and journals articles!
- Library Assignment Alert Form
- Books – Interlibrary Loan
- Articles – Interlibrary Loan
- Placing Items on Reserve
- Requesting Library Instruction Services for your classes
- New Book Request