Math Placement Tests: ALEKS
For information and registration concerning completing Math 1301 or 1302 from Spring 2017 , see the link on the right under Math Placement Exams. These exams are only for those students who were registered for Math 1301 or Math 1302 in the Spring and need to complete the course this summer 2017.
Houston Baptist University requires an ALEKS mathematics placement assessment to determine readiness for various lower-level math courses. The ALEKS Placement Assessment covers material from basic math through Pre-calculus and will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. After the assessment, a targeted Prep and Learning Module is available for you to review and learn material, and to improve placement and eventual course outcomes.
Note: Additional information and sign-up for exams at HBU.edu/testing. Please arrive at designated time to allow plenty of time for the exam and bring a photo ID.
- Closed Test Dates: Test dates are taken offline when all seats are filled or when the registration deadline (one day before the test) is past. See standby information below for further information
- There is no fee for taking a math placement test.
- Make sure you know your HuskyNet User ID Number (H#). It is required for registration. (I don’t know my HuskyNet User ID Number)
- You will be provided a computer for taking the assessment
- HBU ID or driver’s license is required for check in
- Cell phones must be turned completely OFF and left in designated area for prohibited items.
- No backpacks or purses are allowed and must be left in designated area for prohibited items
- No hats, scarves, hoodies or any head coverings allowed, except for religious reasons
- No cell phones, food or drink are allowed during the test session, except water in a clear bottle with label removed
- Rescheduling or Canceling – To reschedule or cancel a test, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standby Testing – Those wishing to test on a date that is “offline” may be considered for testing on a “standby” basis at the discretion of the test administrator.
- Testing Center is located in the Moody Library, 1st floor, Room 121
- Register online now!
|Date of Exam||Time||Location|
|Thurs. Jan. 11, 2018||2:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Room 121|
|Fri. Jan. 12, 2018||9:00 AM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Room 121|
|Wed. Jan. 17, 2018||2:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Room 121|
|Thurs. Jan. 18, 2018||2:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Room 121|
|Thurs. April 05, 2018||1:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Rm 121|
|Fri. April 06, 2018||1:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Rm 121|
|Tues. April 10, 2018||11:00 AM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Rm 121|
|Thurs. April 12, 2018||11:00 AM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Rm 121|
|Wed. May 02, 2018||1:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, Rm 121|