Education Practice State Exams
These tests are only open to HBU Education students who have been admitted into the HBU Education Program. A passing score (80% or above) on the Education Practice Exams satisfies the undergraduate degree requirement for Education Majors looking to complete EDUC 4100. These tests also qualify students to take state TExES exams for both undergraduates and graduate certifications.
For each exam, you are given 4 hours to complete, except the Core Subject EC-6 Generalist.
Core Subject EC-6 Generalist: this exam is 5 hours long and each of the domains is timed and strictly adhere to. You will need to pass each of the domains separately before being approved to take the State Exam. It is highly recommended, if you are taking the entire Core Subject EC-6 Generalist (all 5 domains), you take the exam on a Saturday administration date.
You will be able to retake the each of the domains that you did not pass at a separate administration, but you MUST have taken the entire exam first. The cost of the new exam will be $30.00 for the entire test and each retake of each domain will be $6.00.
If you are registering to take an Education TExES Practice Exam, prior to registering, you must have a completed a Practice Test Approval Form and submitted it to your Advisor for approval (found in Step 2 below). Your Advisor will submit the form to the Testing Center. If we do not have the Approval Form, you will forfeit your registration fee and you will need to reschedule. No refunds will be given. If you are unable to attend, please e-mail us as soon as possible. Be sure you have read and understood Test Center Policies found on the HBU Testing Website at hbu.edu/testing
Steps: Practice Tests
- Prior to registering, student completes the Practice Test Approval form
- Undergraduate Test Approval Form and Graduate Test Approval Form.
- Student submits completed form to HBU Education Faculty Advisor for approval and Faculty Advisor submits electronically to Testing Services at email@example.com.
- Upon approval, the student registers for appropriate practice test using online registration. The cost of each testing session is $20.00. Core Subject EC-6 cost is $30.00.
- To register to retake Core Subject EC-6 Domains, click under Education Tests 2. You must have taken the complete Core Subject EC-6 Practice Exam to be eligible to register for a retake. Each domain is $6.00. Register for no more than 2 Domain Retakes per administration date.
- If Approval Form is not submitted, the student will forfeit registration fee and need to reschedule the test. No refunds are given.
Registration is due at least 48 hours before the administration date. Check for additional testing dates that will be added during the semester
Test results are e-mailed to the student’s HBU e-mail and Advisor within 72 business hours of administration date.
Registration and Payment
Deadline to register: 48 hours before exam.
Closed test dates:
Test dates are taken offline when all seats are filled and when the registration deadline (48 hours prior to test date) is passed. See standby testing information below.
More dates will be added later.
|Date of Exam||Time||Location|
|Tues. June 12, 2018||9:00 AM||Testing Center, Moody Library Rm 121|
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to exam start time for check-in.
- Testing Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED FOR TESTING ONCE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEGUN.
- Non-expired, government issued photo ID or current HBU Student ID is required
- Be sure you have read and understood the Test Center Policies found on the HBU Testing website: hbu.edu/testing
- Prohibited items in Testing Room: cell phones, all watches, recording devices; calculators, flash/thumb drives, backpacks, bags
- No food or drink are allowed; except water in a clear bottle with the label removed.
You will need to bring:
- Gov’t issued photo identification or HBU identification card
- Registration receipt
- 2 Scantron sheets, Form No. 882-E (available in HBU Bookstore)
- 5 Scantron sheets Form No. 882-E (available in HBU Bookstore) if you are taking the Core Subject EC-6 Generalist
- number two pencils
- Scientific calculator (4-8 or 7-12 Math & 7-12 Science and EC-12 Special Education ONLY)
- BTPLT and MTT test takers only will need to bring paper and a pen to complete the written part of the test
Any items left after the test session will be turned in to lost and found in Brown 281. Call 281-649-3238 for assistance.
Register online now!
Include your Huskynet user ID number (H#) when you register. Please ensure it is correct in order for your scores to be accurately reported. (I do not know my Huskynet user ID number.)
Preparation Materials for TExES
Candidates can directly access information, as well as the most current preparation resources, for the new Core Subjects/Generalist EC–6 (291) and 4–8 (211) tests. A link can be found on the left-side navigation bar in the TExES section of the ETS TExES website at texes.ets.org/texes .
You may also use:
- T-Cert ( http://pact.tarleton.edu/tcert) for $30.00 for a 60 day access fee; you will need to have your TEA number to get in.
- Certify Teacher (http://www2.certifyteacher.com/) for about $55.00.
- There are some review materials available in Hinton 204 Computer Lab. Check with your Academic Advisor for access to these materials. These materials may be used at no cost.
Education Review Sessions
These review sessions are only available for those practice exams that were taken prior to Review Session dates. You must have made a score of 55%-79% in order to be eligible to attend a Review Session. You may register for them online after receiving your scores from the practice exam. There is no cost for the Review Sessions. The following are the dates of the Review Sessions. You must register at least 48 hours prior to the date of the session. Register online now under Education Reviews.
More dates will be added at a later date.
|Date of Review Session||Time||Location|
|Wed. June 6,2018||2:00-4:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, RM 121|
All examinees testing at Houston Baptist University are responsible for knowing and following all the Test Center Policies.
Retesting – If a student does not pass on the first attempt, retesting is allowed. A student who wishes to retest must complete the approval process, online registration, and payment again.
Refunds – Testing fee is non-refundable, including for no shows and late arrivals.
- Reschedules – No reschedules are allowed.
- Standby Testing – Those wishing to test on a test date that is “offline” may be considered for testing on a “standby” basis at the discretion of the test administrator. To be considered for a seat, Standbys must:
- Arrive on time (considered on first come basis)
- Sign-in on the sign-in sheet.
- Bring appropriate testing fee (Credit Card accepted only) No change will be made and no receipts given for standby testing).
- Have appropriate identification – must have HBU ID card or govt issued driver’s license