American College Testing (ACT) Residual Exam
This exam is offered only to prospective HBU students who are trying to meet HBU admission and/or scholarship requirements. The ACT test assesses high school students’ general educational development and their ability to complete college level work. the multiple-choice tests cover four skills areas:
Visit actstudent.org for more information about ACT Residual Test and helpful resources for test preparation.
Deadline to register: 2 days before exam.
Exam is about 3 1/2 hours. Arrive 15 minutes prior to start time.
Dates for Summer 2019 will be published May, 2019. The ACT-Residual exam is not offered during the long semesters (fall/spring).
ACT-R dates are subject to change.
|Date of Exam||Time||Location|
|June 7, 2018 (Thurs)||1:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, RM 121|
|June 15, 2018 (Fri)||10:00 AM||Testing Center, Moody Library, RM 121|
|July 12, 2018 (Thurs)||1:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, RM 121|
|July 26, 2018 (Thurs)||1:00 PM||Testing Center, Moody Library, RM 121|
|Aug. 3, 2018 (Fri)||10:00 AM||Testing Center, Moody Library, RM 121|
|Aug. 8, 2018 Wed||9:00 AM||Testing Center, Moody Library, RM 121|
Registration and Payment
- Register online now!
- Test and Registration fees are $55.50 (non-refundable, non-transferable) paid during online registration by credit card (Debit cards are not accepted).
- Valid photo ID is required on test day. Acceptable Identification.
- Printed copy of confirmation email is required at check-in.
- Cell phones/electronic recording devices are not allowed.
- See Permitted Calculators.
- No food or drink in testing room.
- Review Prohibited Behaviors.
- Retesting – Students may not repeat residual testing until 60 days have passed since their last testing. If the 60 day time limit is violated, the retest scores will be cancelled automatically without refund.
- Scores – ACT Residual testing is only for students who plan to attend HBU. Test scores for residual testing are only used internally at HBU and may not be sent to any other institution. Examinees may be notified through mail after official scores are received in Admissions and Testing Office.