Physical and Other Medical Condition Disabilities
Your documentation must:
- Include a specific medical diagnosis for each physical or other type of impairment.
- Provide diagnostic information written by a physician who specializes in the area of your impairment.
- Be written according to the current ICD requirements, typed on letterhead, and signed and dated by your doctor. Your doctor’s license number and information about where he/she is licensed to practice should be included.
- Indicate functional limitations and the duration of the impairment.
- List any medications prescribed (current type, dosage, side effects) and the impact the medications may have while functioning in a learning environment.
- Include information related to any rehabilitation services and any effect the rehabilitations may have on the individual in a classroom learning environment.
- List specific academic accommodations recommended.
- An original copy of your documentation is required when available.
- Documentation must be delivered or mailed, addressed to the Disability Services Director, and marked “confidential.” Documentation will not be accepted electronically (Fax, Scan or Email).