Compliance and Accreditation
As part of its mission, the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness facilitates Houston Baptist University’s efforts in the maintenance and reaffirmation of its Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accreditation status. In this role IRE assists the rest of the University with maintaining compliance with SACSCOC requirements, including the Principles of Accreditation and Substantive Change. Additionally, IRE coordinates the annual institutional effectiveness process and archives the assessment reports from academic and administrative departments.
Primary compliance and accreditation functions include:
- Provide guidance and resources for issues related to Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Coordinate the annual assessment process
- Ensure that compliance with accreditation requirements are incorporated into the planning and evaluation process of the institution
- Notify the SACSCOC of substantive change issues and program developments
- Familiarize faculty, staff, and students with the SACSCOC’s policies and procedures
- Coordinate the preparation of any SACSCOC reports or accreditation activities
- Serve as a resource point during the SACSCOC review process
- Assist in the preparation for reaffirmation and other accrediting visits
- Maintain all accreditation materials
What is the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges?
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is the recognized regional accrediting body in the eleven U.S. Southern states. Houston Baptist University is accredited by SACSCOC to award associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4501 for questions about the accreditation of Houston Baptist University. For questions not related to accreditation contact the University directly at Houston Baptist University, 7502 Fondren Road, Houston, TX 77074, or call 281-649-3000. Link to: SACSCOC Home Page