The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Welcome to the Houston Baptist University’s Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IRE) website. The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness is the University’s official source for institutional research and information. Our primary mission is to collect data, conduct research, and analyze information in order to provide guidance that supports policy formulation, institutional planning, decision-making, and institutional effectiveness.
To achieve our mission, the office:
- Compiles and evaluates various longitudinal data, such as student enrollment, graduation and retention rates, and degrees awarded
- Conducts ad hoc studies with academic and administrative departments designed to support planning and effectiveness
- Manages and analyzes numerous student data and faculty/staff/institutional surveys
- Provides assistance for various university projects and institutional initiatives
- Assists with the University’s effectiveness and accreditation programs
- Maintains a working knowledge of trends and regulations in research and compliance practices
- Provides institutional data to state, federal, and other external reporting agencies that are involved with the University, for the purpose of describing, recording, and publishing institutional information and effectiveness
This section includes data showing the various achievements of HBU's student body.
Includes information regarding compliance and accreditation procedures, substantive change information, SACSCOC quality enhancement program (QEP), and various helpful resources.