Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Welcome to the Houston Baptist University’s Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IRE) website. The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness is the University’s official source for institutional research and information. Our primary mission is to collect data, analyze data, and conduct research in order to provide information that supports policy formulation, institutional planning, decision making and institutional effectiveness.
To achieve our mission, the office:
- Compiles and evaluates various data, such as student enrollment, graduation and retention rates data, and degrees awarded
- Conducts ad hoc studies designed to support planning and effectiveness
- Manages and analyzes numerous student, faculty & staff surveys
- Provides assistance for various university projects and/or needs
- Assists with the University’s effectiveness and accreditation programs
The Office also provides institutional data to state and federal agencies, as well as other constituents involved with the University, for the purposes of describing, recording and publishing institutional information and effectiveness. If you cannot find what you are looking for, or have questions, please use the Request for Information Form.