HBU Alert System
HBU has implemented an important communication tool for students, faculty and staff. The HBU Alert System can provide voice or text messaging to local or cell phones as well as through HBU email accounts in the event of a campus emergency. Standard messaging rates may apply.
- Opting out of notification services
Anyone may opt out of SMS (text) messaging by responding to the text message as directed or by texting “STOP” or “QUIT” to 23177. Students, faculty and staff may not opt out of email notification through your university-hosted email (firstname.lastname@example.org).If you are not associated with HBU in any manner, please notify the Registrar’s Office. Include the phone number and/or email address that received the notification that should be removed from our notices.
- Changing/updating notification settings
- Students: make sure that your contact information is up-to-date and then follow these instructions.
- Faculty and staff: make sure that your contact information is up-to-date and then follow these instructions.
- Alumni, Parents, those no longer attending HBU or are not associated with HBU should report all address and phone number changes to the Registrar’s Office.
- Campus phones vs. cell phones
The University phone system can only handle a limited number of simultaneous incoming calls. Therefore, cell phones may receive an alert prior to campus phones.
- Replaying the message
While on the call, you can replay the message by pressing the star (*) key at the end of the message. You may also check your email to locate a link to the message.
- Caller ID
When HBU sends a call out using the HBU Alert System, it will always display the University’s main switchboard number as the Caller ID. Please do not call the main university switchboard when you receive a message. Instead, visit this page at hbu.edu/alert for more information on the situation.
- Responding to busy signals or no-answer situations
For busy signals, the call will be repeated several times in an attempt to reach you. The same is true for no-answer calls and call waiting. If the call goes to a voicemail box, a message will be left. If after several attempts the call does not successfully go through, the system will stop attempting and report your number to be busy.
- Emergency contact information will not be published or shared
- Send questions and comments to HBUAlert@hbu.edu.