University Store Website and Social Media Manager
|Job Title:||University Store Website and Social Media Manager|
|Reports To:||Director, University Store|
Under general direction from the University Store Director, the Website and Social Media manager is responsible for the www.hbubookstore.com content look, feel, branding experience, messaging, site features, information architecture, and functionality. Also responsible for all University Store social media accounts.
(NOTE: The duties listed below are examples of the variety and general nature of those performed by employees in this job description. The list is descriptive only and should not be used for any other purpose. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of a position at any time. Staff are frequently cross-trained and may perform any combination of the following duties/responsibilities. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.)
- Responsible for sales of General Merchandise and Course Materials categories via web site.
- Performs competitive benchmarking as well as researching industry best practices for the campus store industry to provide recommendations and strategies based on sound data analysis.
- Uses site traffic tools to track site traffic and performance (i.e.: quantitative analysis including user behavior/patterns).
- Manages content and design process integrating new business requirements/initiatives, usability/customer experience, site performance report design/analysis, and other related projects.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates standards for graphics, photography, copy and look of store website.
- Collaborates with Shipping & Receiving manager on fulfillment of product including stocking levels, and communication with customers on backorders and other issues.
- Collaborates with Store Director to review informational pages (i.e: store hours, terms of service, refund policies) regularly for clarity and updating.
- Collaborates with General Merchandise manager to add, update, and remove product from store website.
- Collaborates with Course Materials manager to add, update, and remove product from store website.
- Collaborates with Store Director to develop advertising/promotional vehicles for webstore and coordinates market research for store website.
- Reviews all proofs, graphic and copy, for accuracy.
- Helps develops and maintains all social media accounts associated with the University Store under the direction of the Store Director. i.e: Facebook, Instagram, Tweeter, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring continued compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in web design, or college education plus two years related experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a web, merchandising, or store environment desirable.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and SharePoint, along with experience in web development/coding is preferred.
Design, proofreading skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently is required; as well as strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read, write and understand English. Requires the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines and objectives. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, subordinates, vendors, other departments, customers and the general public.
MATHEMATIC SKILLS: Requires some understanding of financial record-keeping methods, procedures and practices. Ability to apply basic math and algebra concepts.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems.
MANUAL DEXTERITY: Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to utilize a computer. Requires the ability to use a variety of office machines and equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be physically able to operate office equipment such as computers, copy machines, facsimile machines, and to operate a 10-key calculator. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit using hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, key pad or papers. Employee is sometimes required to stand, walk. Must be able to move, lift or carry objects or materials up to 40 pounds. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral visions, distance vision, and color vision for extensive reading and interpretation of reports and documents.
PHYSICAL COMMUNICATION: Must have the ability to talk (expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words) and hear (perceiving sounds of nature by ear).
WORK CONDITIONS AND HAZARDS: Work is regularly performed in a traditional office setting. There may be exposure to airborne particles created from incoming boxes and merchandise. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.