University Store Clerk/Cashier
|Job Title:||University Store Clerk/Cashier|
|Reports To:||Director, University Store|
Under the direction of the Director and the General Merchandise manager, this person is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to University Store patrons and performs various duties in the day to day operations of the University Store.
- Assist store patrons in finding desired products and materials
- Ensure that appropriate products and materials are stocked
- Advise GM manager or Director when inventory levels are low for all products
- Keep retail part of store clean and organized
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills whether on the sales floor, on the phone, or electronically.
- Ability to deal effectively with others, both customers and coworkers.
- Ability to operate specific equipment (i.e., cash register, computers, copier, etc.)
- Shows consideration for others, listens effectively, cooperates well with others, establishes and maintains relationships, is adaptive, remains calm under stress, and is persevering.
- Can anticipate customers’ concerns and is customer service oriented.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma and six months of customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of technology.
- Previous work in retail environment preferred, but not required.
Normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In exercising these functions the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 25 lbs. regularly. The employees must be able to see objects up close.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.