|Job Title:||University Counselor|
|Reports To:||Director of Student Services|
The University Counselor is a full-time, exempt, 12-month, professional member of the Student Life staff, reporting to the Director of Student Services.
- Provide intakes, individual, group, and marriage/family counseling to students
- Prepare and maintain records, evaluations, and reports in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with professional and ethical standards
- Consult and collaborate with Student Health Services, Student Life, and outside agencies, when needed
- Provide outreach services, including resource fairs, presentations, etc.
- Promote the visibility of counseling services to students, faculty, and staff
- Provide direction and some oversight to contract counselors working with the HBU student, faculty, and staff population
- Serve on University committees and groups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree is required. The individual in this position is required to have a completed LPC. LPC-S is preferred. A LMFT is also preferred. Experience with sexual and substance addiction is preferred.
- Experience with or on a college campus is preferred.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Work to further the university’s vision as stated in the “Ten Pillars”
- Be available for some night and weekend programming
- Exhibit an active Christian faith.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.