Student Success Coach for Student Support Services
|Job Title:||Student Success Coach for Student Support Services|
|Departments:||TRiO Student Support Services (SSS)|
|Reports To:||Director of TRIO Student Support Services|
The Student Success Coach for TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a full-time position reporting to the Director of TRIO Student Support Services. This position works directly and holistically with students at various stages of their HBU experience with the goal of helping them persist and graduate in a timely manner.
- Advocate for and coach a cohort of 70 students to help them succeed holistically on HBU’s campus and beyond
- Collaborate with other divisions of HBU, especially Academic Affairs, Career and Calling, Financial Aid, Student Involvement, Student Success, and other departments on campus to ensure students in caseload are succeeding
- Recruit both current and incoming students who meet the definition of “at-risk” according to the grant standards for inclusion in a cohort of 140 individuals
- Work with students to develop an educational plan with a clear pathway to graduation
- Plan and deliver TRIO SSS Orientation and other workshops as needed by cohort of students
- Coordinate and deliver individualized coaching and counseling activities inclusive of academic needs as well as co-curricular interests
- Facilitate social and academic integration to support student engagement
- Maintain frequent contact with students via phone text, email, or social media
- Train student leaders on student success and mentoring in relation to 504 needs, financial literacy, academic excellence, student engagement and service, and other areas of student success and the collegiate experience
- Other assignments, initiatives and duties as assigned by the Director of TRIO Student Support Services
- A Master’s degree in higher education, counseling, or related field from an accredited college or university is required
- A minimum of two years prior experience in higher education with a specific focus on student success and development, working directly with students
- Familiarity with academic advising, student success research, and understanding of factors that drive retention preferred
- Ability to communicate with students to set and accomplish goals
- Must be a good listener and must be empathetic to student needs
- Must be able to completely affirm, uphold, and live within the Preamble of Houston Baptist University
- Must work to further the University’s vision as stated in the Ten Pillars
- Be available for some night and weekend programming
- Exhibit an active Christian faith with local church membership and involvement
The University offers a comprehensive benefits program for full time staff, including full medical/dental coverage, paid retirement, life insurance and vacation. The University family shares an active Christian faith, and as a staff member, the individual is expected to support and personify this belief and lifestyle.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.