Social Media Administrative Assistant
|Job Title:||Social Media Administrative Assistant|
|Departments:||Spiritual LifeStudent Life|
|Reports To:||Director for Discipleship|
The Social Media Administrative Assistant for Discipleship Initiative is a full-time, 12 month position within Spiritual Life responsible for providing all social media and administrative coordination and support for the Spiritual Life Department in relation to the HBU Discipleship Initiative.
- Responsible for management of social media presence on all relevant platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.) and websites, brochures, FAQ’s, and other relevant material.
- Create content for and spark discussion on various social networking sites. Monitor discussions and comments on social media channels & respond to inquiries as necessary. Identify opportunities to activate online influencers
- Foster positive engagement and conversation with key audiences online to establish and grow our the HBU Discipleship community and loyalty base for all social media platforms
- Manage and actively follow social media and other digital marketing methods and integrate new ideas and methods into the organization’s approaches.
- Provide tracking and metrics to communicate community activity and successes
- Manage the HBU Discipleship presence on review and aggregator sites, ensuring that our descriptions and listings are up-to-date.
- Coordinate assessment reports and communication in relation to spiritual formation outcomes of discipleship initiatives and the Spiritual Life Community Life and Worship programming and credit system.
- Assist with scheduling and administrative needs of Spiritual Life and Discipleship staff, student organizations and other discipleship focused programming.
- Coordinate with other Student Life areas on relevant matters.
- Supervise student worker(s).
- Welcome and assist students and visitors as the initial point of contact for Spiritual Life and Discipleship ministries office area.
- Assist in developing and maintaining web-based programs that will enhance CLW programming and discipleship initiatives seeking to provide effective communication among students, faculty and staff.
- Develop and streamline church and student ministry databases to make available for churches and students to communicate and connect for internships and/or ministry positions.
- Work closely with the School of Christian Thought and other disciplines to enhance communication and promote events that would benefit students, faculty and staff in the CLW program other discipleship initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree with 1+ years of experience in social media marketing
- Skilled in all social media platforms with a solid understanding of how each can be utilized by a business/organization. Experience in the social media space, for personal and / or professional use
- Ability to write with an enthusiastic, yet professional tone.
- Excellent analytical and creative writing skill. Exceptional communication (both listening and writing) skills. Ability to write in a casual, yet professional manner.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. Ability to review and proofread work with a keen eye for detail. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Experience managing blogs and/or social media accounts. Samples and links will be requested.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements.
- Physical Effort: Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. In exercising these functions the employee must be able to lift up to 10 pounds regularly and 25 pounds occasionally.
- Physical Risk: Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.