Research Associate- Institutional Research and Effectiveness
|Job Title:||Research Associate- Institutional Research and Effectiveness|
|Departments:||Institutional Research and Effectiveness|
|Reports To:||Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness|
This is a full-time, non-exempt position assisting in the University’s programs of institutional research, institutional effectiveness, and external reporting. The Research Associate for Institutional Research and Effectiveness serves as a vital resource for faculty and staff in providing information about the University. The Research Associate reports directly to the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday-Friday: 8:00-5:00
- Provides data support for the University’s institutional research efforts
- Provides information and analyses to support University initiatives in enrollment, retention, finance, compliance (SACSCOC, NCAA, and College/School specific accreditations), and other areas
- Compiles, reviews, and submits data required by external reporting authorities (IPEDS, ICUT, BGCT, THECB, NCAA, etc.)
- Works with academic and administrative departments to identify information and reporting needs supporting operations and effectiveness programs
- Manages, supports and administers the IDEA Course Evaluation platform, Campus Labs
- Provides data for external and reputational surveys
- Ensures the timely completion of required federal and state reporting
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal and external constituents
- Responds to requests for information from internal and external constituents
- Develops procedures to ensure consistency and cleanliness of data
- Serves on University committees as requested
Master’s degree in social science, science, education, business or related field or Bachelor’s degree with related experience and training equivalent to a Master’s degree. Strong technical skills in database and spreadsheet development for data extraction, manipulation and reporting. Experience in programming in statistical packages like SAS or SPSS. Intermediate skills with desktop database, spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software applications. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously on projects and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- High standards of integrity, ethical conduct, and confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with both faculty and staff in the identification of information needs
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Banner preferred
- Proficient with SAS Software (Base, Macro, SQL)
- Ability to set goals and work independently
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others
- Commitment to customer service
In addition, the successful candidate will be professional, self-reliant, proactive, enthusiastic, and will make a positive impression on others.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.