Program Coordinator, First Year Success (part-time)
|Job Title:||Program Coordinator, First Year Success (part-time)|
|Reports To:||Director, First Year Success (Title V)|
As part of the First Year Success (Title V) team, the Program Coordinator of First Year Success assists in developing best practices for hiring, training, and retaining student leaders on the team. Additionally, the Program Coordinator assists in planning and executing programmatic outreach events. This is a part-time grant funded position (29 hours/week) that reports directly to the Director of First Year Success (Title V).
- Partners with Student Success teams to develop best practices for the hiring, training and retaining student leaders and workers in the department
- Helps coordinate and organize programmatic planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Coordinate aspects of the summer bridge programs
- Works closely with First Year Success team to facilitate programs that build strategic partnerships with the academic colleges
- Co-create and distributes communications to program participants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the ministry and mission of Houston Baptist University
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required
- Experience working with programs focused on increasing student success and retention, particularly for Hispanic, low-income, and/or first generation college students
- Master’s degree required in student affairs, education, psychology or related field preferred
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.