|Job Title:||Pre-Nursing Advisor|
|Departments:||School of Nursing and Allied Health|
|Reports To:||Dean, School of Nursing and Allied Health|
The Pre-Nursing Advisor is a full-time staff position and serves as the academic advisor and first point of contact for a cohort of approximately 125-175 pre-nursing students. This position reports directly to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Allied Health, with a dotted line reporting to the Director of Title V (First Year Success). The position is funded through a Title V federal grant.
- Serve as the Pre-Nursing Advisor for approximately 125-175 first-year
- Advises pre-nursing students until their admission into nursing school their junior year.
- Develop strategic partnerships with faculty members in the School of Nursing and Allied Health.
- Track progress of pre-nursing students through Liberal Arts Core Courses and nursing prerequisites
- Conduct student interventions as needed.
- Partner with the Department of Student Success, faculty advisors, the registrar’s office, and admissions to continuously improve HBU’s overall advising processes.
- Represent the School of Nursing and Allied Health at various advising, orientation and pre-registration events.
- Keep up to date on the health care industry employment trends and practices.
- Participate in committees work as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the ministry and mission of Houston Baptist University.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous experience with post-secondary academic advising strongly preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker.
- BSN, RN active license to practice in Texas.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.