|Job Title:||Payroll Coordinator|
|Reports To:||Director of Human Resources|
Responsible for performing clerical and payroll duties which includes the preparation and processing of university payrolls
- Responsible for preparation of all university payrolls
- Responsible for funding payroll, taxes (in state and out of state) and printing and distributing payroll checks
- Responsible for governmental reports, including, but not limited to, 941s, W2s, TWC reports and OAG reporting
- Responsible for distribution and processing of new hire paper work to students and adjuncts
- Responsible for posting available positions online
- Report work study students to Financial Services
- Prepares and maintains employee and student files
- Inputs and maintains employee data into HR/Payroll system (Banner)
- Uses Banner knowledge to resolve problems in Human Resources module
- Answers questions pertaining to employees’ paychecks, leave benefits and other related topics
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Back-up to the HR Benefits Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, some college work preferred.
- One to two years payroll experience.
- Banner experience preferred.
- Evisions experience preferred.
- Possess advanced skill and knowledge of specific Microsoft Office programs (Excel).
- Ability to deal effectively with others of all levels within an organization.
- Attuned to internal “politics”.
- Able to remain calm, objective, and in control in stressful situations.
- Able to set priorities.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Adaptable; able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.