|Job Title:||Instructional Technologist|
|Departments:||Pampell Online Division|
|Reports To:||Director of Curriculum Development|
The Instructional Technologist will use best practices to select, design, produce and integrate instructional and educational solutions to achieve innovative pedagogy that captures the imagination of today’s learner in traditional, accelerated, and fully online classes. This individual will assist with the creation of projects, workshops, and instructional courseware/media development.
- Assist with the development of courses and programs for online delivery based on instructional design best practices and established policies
- Assist with the development of methods and systems to support student learning using technology.
- Assist subject matter experts and adjunct faculty with incorporating discipline-specific technologies.
- Coordinate the development of future instructional technology needs and serve as a liaison between faculty and the curriculum development department.
- Create and support electronic resources such as an Instructional Technology website, FAQs, tutorials, help guides, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in instructional design/technology or equivalent appropriate academic preparation plus three to five years relevant experience in an educational or training setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of educational/instructional technology, software, and multimedia development on various platforms and educational problem analysis and systems solutions definition and interface design
- Demonstrated experience with administering, supporting, and training of content delivery systems (LMS)
- Working knowledge of PCs (Windows OS) and Macs (OS 10.x).
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office (PC and MAC) and Adobe products
- Demonstrated competence in multimedia authoring /production tools, e.g. iMovie, Authorware, Flash); web development, web programming, web communication tools, graphic applications and design; and database design.
- Able to organize and independently manage various projects simultaneously
- Able to be results oriented
- Able to demonstrate a sufficient level of analytical and strategic thinking to plan and manage designated projects to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, as described above.
- Able to use data for program design and revision.
- Able to use personal software packages to perform word processing activities, as well as create and generate spreadsheets
- Must have good work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in dealing with large workloads
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and use specific business software and hardware
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.