|Job Title:||Household Manager|
|Departments:||Office of the President|
|Reports To:||President, First Lady, or designee|
The person in this position is under general supervision of the President, First Lady or their designee and performs duties as Household Manager in the President’s Home in overseeing all activities related to meal preparation, event coordination, housekeeping- cleaning, laundry, maintaining the home and performing related duties as required.
- Prepare meals as instructed; clean and maintain kitchen.
- Assist in event coordination for special functions.
- Manage laundry—wash, iron, prepare
- Assist in coordination of events held in the President’s home; serve at events as needed.
- Answer the telephone as requested and take accurate messages
- Greet guests, maintain a welcoming and professional demeanor with all guests and workers entering the home.
- Maintain and clean the house: dust, mop, vacuum, change linens, polish furniture, clean bathrooms, etc.
- Clean, organize and maintain storage space in closets, armoires and cabinets throughout house.
- Maintain outdoor living spaces.
- Care for gardens (routinely water, fertilize and dust) inside and outside the home as directed.
- Manage regular maintenance operations for the house.
- Maintain equipment used to perform jobs.
- Serve as chief contact in reporting to Physical Plant and managing work orders.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. .
High school graduate or equivalent. Ability to perform all essential functions as listed in job description
The Housekeeper is a physically demanding position. The incumbent must spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting moderately heavy objects, sweeping and mopping floors and moving furniture. The incumbent is required to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions.
The Housekeeper works on a daily basis with dangerous and toxic cleaning products that can be very harmful to ones health if not properly utilized. In some cases these products give off unpleasant odors.
Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks that require following basic safety precautions including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.