Graduate Admissions Coordinator
|Job Title:||Graduate Admissions Coordinator|
|Departments:||The Graduate School|
|Reports To:||Director, The Graduate School|
The Admissions Coordinator supports all phases of the university admissions process for graduate programs.
- Provides a high level of personalized service to inquiries and applicants. Gathers information on graduate inquiries and inputs into databases for mailings and communications. Educates prospective graduate students regarding admission policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact for prospective students; develops an inquiry pool and moves prospects through the admission processes to enrollment through extensive personal contact.
- Greets visitors/guests/students in a courteous and professional manner; determines their needs and provides the appropriate information or directs them to the appropriate department.
- Maintains all graduate admissions files and facilitates admission processing for incoming and returning students.
- Updates all student information in the appropriate office database.
- Enters appropriate student information into database as needed for all phone, email, and person-to-person communication with prospective students.
- Consistently contacts applicants to collect necessary information for an admission decision.
- Continuously reviews open files to facilitate completion.
- Follows up with newly admitted applicants who have not enrolled.
- Communicates admission status to applicants; works closely with the Graduate School staff concerning the status of applicant files (both open and complete).
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of the database and student files, including supplemental items and merging duplicate records.
- Calculates GPA’s on all applicant files and prepares the file to be presented for admissions consideration.
- Reviews content of graduate admissions web pages and makes necessary changes to ensure the information reflects current policies and practices; works with the University Web Master to make necessary revisions.
- Communicates with the Registrar, Admissions, Student Affairs, and Financial Services regarding student issues.
- Maintains working knowledge of international student admission requirements and coordinates with the International Student Services office to facilitate issuing of student visas.
- Responsible for Banner data entry to ensure student eligibility for registration.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Admissions with the creation and execution of marketing emails and flyers as necessary.
- Assists the Dean and Director with various marketing and recruiting events such as information receptions, trade shows and education fairs, including set up, room reservations, etc. This may involve occasional evening or weekend commitments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday- Friday: 8:00-5:00, some evenings and weekends required.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.