First Year Success Coach
|Job Title:||First Year Success Coach|
|Reports To:||Director of Title V|
As part of the Title V (First Year Success) team, the First Year Student Success Coach (“FYCS”) serves as the academic advisor and first point of contact for a cohort of approximately 100-150 students. In addition, the FYSC assists in planning and executing programmatic outreach events, as well as conducting individual interventions, for their cohort. This position reports directly to the Director of Title V (First Year Success).
- Serve as the First Year Success Coach and Academic Advisor for approximately 100-150 first year students.
- Develop strategic partnerships with faculty members from assigned academic college.
- Assist with programmatic planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Provide support through one-to-one, small group, and large group meetings, programming and other outreach to program participants.
- Assist with hiring and training the program’s Peer Mentors.
- Conduct student interventions as needed.
- Co-create and distributes communications to program participants.
- Teach/co-teach program specific courses and workshops as needed.
- Assist with maintenance or basic grant regulations and compliance.
- Emphasize discipleship and spiritual growth as a key component of student success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the ministry and mission of Houston Baptist University
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Master’s degree required in student affairs, education, psychology or related field required.
- Experience working with programs focused on increasing student success and retention, particularly for Hispanic, low-income, and First Generation College Students
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.