Financial Aid & Student Account Representative
|Job Title:||Financial Aid & Student Account Representative|
|Departments:||Pampell Online Division|
|Reports To:||Director of Operations|
This position supports the Pampell Online Division in review of financial aid applications, eligibility, award, and disbursement of federal and state based aid to online students. This role will interface with various departments throughout the University in an effort to ensure both expectations of the University while maintain federal standards and requirements.
- Review student eligibility including: verification of required paperwork, processing to student file, satisfactory academic progress, exception reports, etc.
- Award student aid based on federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
- Perform federal, state, and institutional reporting.
- Communicate with students when necessary to resolve any financial aid or student account issues.
- Process requests for refunds of credit balances.
- Prepares and enters miscellaneous account adjustments, credits, tuition payments, and account deferments.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Work with the Registrar’s office for clearance of student files to release transcripts and diplomas.
- Special projects and temporary duties as assigned.
- Experience in Financial Aid preferred
- College degree required
- Must have good work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in dealing with large workloads
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and use specific business software and hardware
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.