Financial Aid Associate
|Job Title:||Financial Aid Associate|
|Reports To:||Senior Director of Scholarships & Financial Aid|
Coordinates the daily operations of the financial aid office performing a variety of administrative duties and assisting students with the financial aid application process.
- Provide quality customer service by conducting preliminary screening of financial aid inquires to determine proper forms and procedures to be pursued
- Process the daily disbursement of aid and notify the advisors when aid does not disburse for their assigned students
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of federal student aid
- Maintain consistently accurate student files in compliance with Federal/State regulations, institutional policies and procedures. Scan all documents related to a student file into the document management system
- Provide general support to the Financial Aid team including data entry, telephone and email requests and follow up, and general financial aid inquiries
- Coordinate the activities of incoming mail and perform the appropriate data entry duties
- Coordinate the activities of the incoming mail and perform the appropriate data entry duties
- Coordinate the mailing of generated communication from the Financial Aid Office which also includes the notifications sent by email. Send Federal Direct Loan Exit Counseling notifications to students who have separated from the University
- Serve as the Financial Aid Office liaison with all Federal Work Study employers including off-site Community Service supervisors
- Process all departmental and outside scholarship disbursement rosters and payments
- Prepare scholarship eligibility reports at the end of each semester
- Create, update and maintain forms (paper, web based, etc.)
- Maintain inventory for office supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of exemplary customer service in previous work
- Must be proficient and advanced with all Microsoft Office applications; knowledge of Banner preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- In addition, the successful candidate will be professional, self-reliant, proactive, enthusiastic, and will make a positive impression on others.
Bachelor’s degree or comparable level of post-secondary training and education
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.